Monday, June 4, 2012

REVIEW: Starbucks Refreshers Raspberry Pomegranate


Weird to see Starbucks, the fast food coffee giant, branching out into "healthy" energy drinks but guess its not that big of a stretch for them as they are in the business of waking people up. Starbucks? Energy Drinks? Yea, in case you haven't seen they have recently come out with these new canned energy drinks called Starbucks Refreshers which come in a variety of flavors including; Raspberry Pomegranate, Orange Melon, and Strawberry Lemonade. Now I only have tried the raspberry pomegranate, hence that is what I'm here reviewing.

Starbucks is seemingly trying to market these refreshers as healthy alternatives to the energy drink market which has previously been clogged with rather...unhealthy drinks.They do this with a new patented green coffee extract from the 100% green Arabica coffee beans which the result is an all natural coffee energy with none of the coffee taste. This is vital for me honestly as I hate the coffee taste. Furthermore these Starbucks Refreshers are fortified with three B vitamins and Vitamin C for more healthy energy boosts.

Time to get down to the taste. Like I said earlier, I hate how coffee tastes so I was at first worried that these drinks would have that dreaded taste. Luckily I was wrong and Starbucks held true to their marketing slogan. For these raspberry pomegranate Starbucks Refreshers I could very well taste the raspberry and pomegranate and the drink itself tasted much like every other canned energy drink I've had. Not sure if that is good or bad. Good I suppose as they are right up there tasting like everyone else, but bad because its not special enough. Not sure about the energy effects either but then again I always find that standard kind of hard to measure and therefore fairly inaccurate. The size of these Starbucks Refreshers is pretty good and the can itself has a nice design that is more classy I suppose and colorful than the usual dark and manly looking Monster and Bawlz energy drinks.

Item: Starbucks Refreshers Raspberry Pomegranate
Taste: 8/10
Energy Level: Couldn't really tell a difference.
Pros: Good size can with great design, flavor is good but nothing special.
Cons: Again, flavor nothing too stand outish.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound that appealing, not a huge Starbucks fan to begin with really. Nothing against them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, just tastes like every other energy drink. But if you don't like those then understandable. I'm not a big Starbucks fan either, but tried it in the name of science! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete